We are pleased that you are considering marriage at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, and in full accordance with the policies of the Diocese of Newark, we offer same sex couples recognition and access to all sacraments, including marriage.
Expectations of any couple, member and non-member, are these:
- At least one member of the couple is a baptized Christian (not necessarily Episcopalian).
- At least one member of the couple is a pledging member of St. Paul's Episcopal, or one of their parents/grandparents is a member;
- Or a couple who is not currently a member of St. Paul's actively desires to become a member of the St. Paul's community.
- The couple has undergone an appropriate pre-marital counseling series by the Rector or an agreed upon substitute. Normally four sessions are held. If either of the couple has been married twice or more already, an outside counselor is required for the series. Divorce documents must be presented at the first meeting with the Rector if that has occurred. Permission by the Bishop for remarriage is required but the process is completed usually within 30 days.
- Ceremonial aspects, floral arrangements, and musical selections are all subject to the approval of the Rector.
- Use of the church - $400.
- Services of the Organist - $250.
Additional remuneration shall be made if special music and/or rehearsal or performance time is required.
Bench fee of $150 if St. Paul's musician is not used.
- Services of the Sexton - $100.
Please discuss any questions about your financial expectations during the preparations with clergy or contact the parish office.
Please make out one check to "St. Paul's Church" for the total amount due for proper distribution. Checks are due one week before the service.
Financial contributions to the church and Rector are used to fund various ministries of this church.